Monday, March 9, 2020

Week 6: Spring Break!

Hello Everyone!

This blog has kind of taken a turn. I am still a math major and I am still surviving, but this blog really has turned into a diary about my life as a regular college student. I am still taking the same old classes I need for my majors, and they are actually going really well! I have a speech tomorrow which I am nervous about, but I have been practicing a lot. I also have a trip with my Implication of Diversity class next week to view at Canton City Schools, which I am excited about!

This past week was spring break, and it was much needed. On my time off the concert choir here at my college went on tour! We went to a few states and many cities. We sang about 10 concerts in 4 days, it was a lot of hard work. I sure did have fun while on tour though. It was a whole four days of just making music with some of my closest friends. I even made some new friends along the way!

We started off going around locally and we sang for three schools, then ended the day singing in a church. Then we travelled to West Virginia and sang in a church there. We stayed in Home Stays where basically an old person from the church gives us a bed in there house to sleep in for the night. All of the ladies I stayed with were very nice. After West Virginia, we went to Duke University in North Carolina and sang a concert with their choir and it was beautiful in their chapel. That same day we travelled to Knoxville, Tennessee and sang at a church there. Then for our final free day we had a whole day to ourselves in Nashville.

Unfortunately, the one and only free day we had there was a tornado. It hit within a 10 mile radius of our hotel. It was very scary for our whole choir and I am so thankful that we are all now back home safely. We all worked together to make sure everyone in our choir was in a safe spot in the hotel. My heart goes out to those families who lost people during this terrible storm. They are in my thoughts. This trip will be unforgettable for all of us.

Now we are back to classes and back to our usual schedules. Until next week!

Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10: Staying at Home, but Trying to Have Fun

Hello all, As you know I've have been very strict about what we have been doing for social distancing. This week I worked on a few ass...