Monday, April 6, 2020

Week 10: Staying at Home, but Trying to Have Fun

Hello all,

As you know I've have been very strict about what we have been doing for social distancing. This week I worked on a few assignments and relaxed in bed. I have been spending a lot of time with my mom and dad playing board games and watching movies. I have also been baking a lot of stuff.
This week I made banana bread, chocolate peanut butter brownies, and some cookies. I have also been making dinner so I can really learn how to cook.

This blog would be a lot more different if  I were actually in school and class, but this is how I am currently surviving as a math major in this pandemic. A lot of these things are keeping me sane as I can't go out and see my friends or do anything, so I've just been cooking and working. For my sorority we have been doing be video conferences, and that is what I have been doing to keep in contact with my friends. I am so grateful for that.

Something especially fun we did this weekend was use our carpentry skills. We combined my mom's carpentry skills and my math skills to make tiny picnic tables for squirrels to sit on. I helped with the angles and helped my mom cut out the pieces and glue and nail them together. We put a screw up through the middle to be able to put corn cobs on once we can go to the store like normal.

Have a fun and healthy week!

Ava H.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10: Staying at Home, but Trying to Have Fun

Hello all, As you know I've have been very strict about what we have been doing for social distancing. This week I worked on a few ass...